SUMMARY: Our manufacturing plant hopes to find a qualified and cost-conscious professional to fill the open position of Manufacturing Production Supervisor. The successful candidate will schedule and coordinate personnel, equipment, and activities in a production environment. We are looking for a creative thinker who will promote continuous quality improvement, processes and meet profitability goals and customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other responsibilities may be assigned):
- Creates work schedules and coordinates production personnel, equipment, and activities.
- Initiates process changes to continually improve efficiencies.
- Oversees housekeeping practices in the production area.
- Monitors production quality on an on-going basis; makes adjustments to the process to maximize output and product quality.
- Analyzes and reports production and quality results to the Production Manager.
- Communicates with other shifts and departments to assist in problem solving.
- Inputs Production Output numbers into Excel and our inventory software database.
- Works with Production Line Leads to coach production teams on goals and quality expectations and provides technical assistance and support as needed.
- Works with Production Manager and Human Resources to maintain head count levels based on production requirements.
- Interviews candidates for production job openings.
- Administers and ensures compliance of corporate policies
- Enforce safety policies and procedures (both in-house and regulatory) to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages large numbers of employees in the production department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their areas of responsibility. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, and laying off employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising work performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred. Must have previous supervisory experience; preferably with 20-40 direct reports. Manufacturing experience a plus. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of the organization. Additional languages known is a plus.
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Be able to work well under the pressure of production deadlines, work cooperatively with others and be dependable & timely in one’s work. The ability to follow directions correctly and efficiently perform tasks and a willingness to work with a team. The ability to operate a computer and use word processing, spreadsheet, or database software (specifically Word, Excel, and Fishbowl ERP).
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk around the production department. They will also need to be able to sit or stand, use their hands, fingers, or eyes to inspect raw materials or finished traps. They may also be required to lift 50lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed a manufacturing environment: fumes, airborne particles, and chemicals. The employee may be exposed to weather conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)